Monday, March 5, 2012

Primal BBQ Pulled Pork...and other lies


Awww man! I always knew she was!!
It's funny...I hadn't realized it...but that voice has not been around lately.
I heard her all the time while I was on Weight Watchers, she told me over and over again how hungry I was.
She whispered that no one would notice if I ate that Twix bar...it would be just between us.
Riiiiight.
She would convince me to just stay where I was on the couch...it was way too much bother to put on my gym shoes and get on the treadmill...no one would know...right?
I could say I exercised, but instead sit on my large behind and watch another Big Bang Theory.
Sigh...
Since going Primal back in December that voice has been remarkedly quiet.
She did tell me to eat the carmels I found when cleaning out a kitchen drawer, and I listened.
I had a few.
Damn her.
There is a new voice inside of  me now too.
She's getting stronger...louder.
You can do it...she says.
Go make a smoothie she says...when the other one says to eat the old Halloween candy I found.
Someday my new voice might be able to shut that lying slut up for good.
But for now I still hear both of them.
The one who supports me, and the one who says, you've never done it before...why is now any different?
I am feeling stronger, I am losing weight, I am feeling healthier than ever.
I hear the good voice calling me...time to get up...turn off the computer...go take a walk...
Here I go!

Today's recipe is for Primal BBQ Pulled Pork.



  • 1 pork tenderloin (any size)
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (don't skip this, it makes the pork pull apart)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup flavored olive oil (I used chili flavored)
  • Handful of your favorite spices
  • 2 cups chicken stock (I use homemade)
  • 1/2 cup primal barbecue sauce (see below)

I put everything in the crock pot on high and let it go for 5 hours, and then turn to warm until we are ready to eat.



When you are ready, fork apart the tenderloin till it's a shredded mess and add more barbecue sauce as desired.
We eat this over our primal cheddar biscuits, even for breakfast the next day!

Here is the recipe for Mark's Daily Apple Primal BBQ Sauce:


  • 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) tomato paste
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 – 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1 – 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 – 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons tamari
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Instructions:
In a small bowl mix together tomato paste, butter, hot sauce, honey, vinegar, tamari, mustard and water.


In another small bowl mix together allspice, cinnamon, pepper, chili powder, paprika and onion powder.
Mix the wet and dry together, refrigerate the unused portion in a glass jar.

I hope you enjoy this great recipe as much as we do!


No comments:

Post a Comment