Yesterday was a work day for me, and so fortuitous that I was there.
Our doctor is a patient and had come in for his check up and teeth cleaning.
He walked up to the desk and my chin hit the floor.
He had lost so much weight! His face looked like a teenagers!
Our doctor is the one who had given us Mark Sisson's book and suggested that we try living Primal in the first place.
Wow! There was such a change in him.
He looked fit, healthy, and very happy.
I was envious...I want to be in that place already.
The waiting gets very long and I want so badly to be done.
But as the saying goes...the weight didn't come on in a day, so it's not coming off that way either.
All things happen for a reason and I felt the reason he was in on this day was so I could ask him about my fasting.
He was happy to answer my questions, and quickly put me at ease that I was not harming myself or my metabolism by eating this way.
I knew it felt right, but hey...it felt right to eat two twixt bars in a row back in the old days.
At least my body is feeling better today.
I haven't changed my pillow in years and recently my shoulder has been sore, along with my neck and back.
I did some research on a bunch of different pillows, went to Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's, and a few other places, and finally settled on My Pillow.
They had a 60 day money back guarantee and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
That pillow is amazing.
I was very sceptical when it came shrink wrapped into a cylinder and needed to be fluffed in the dryer first to get it's shape back.
Oh man! This morning I woke up from a very deep sleep and could not remember tossing and turning at all!
My neck has not hurt a bit, my shoulder is still sore, but nothing like yesterday morning.
I will let you know if things change or it squishes flat on me, but for now...happiness!
My children are now happy too.
Yesterday they were both displeased that there was nothing to munch on after school.
Displeased is not a strong enough word...really.
So I got out my old pizzel iron and heated it up. I found a recipe for regular pizzels and set out to recreate it for our Primal palate.
They turned out sweet and pretty, and are already gone!
|Primal Pizzel Cookies|
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Beat the eggs until smooth.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Allow the butter to cool while you blend the honey and vanilla into the egg.
- Then add the melted butter into the mix and blend.
- Add in the dry ingredients, stirring until all the lumps are mixed out.
- Take a small spoon and put a ball of batter in the center of each grid of the iron.
- Close the lid and lock it, wait about 45 seconds to 1 minute and lift the lid, the pizzels should be ready to come out.
- They should be golden in color. Lift out of iron with a thin spatula and cool on a rack or the counter.
- This recipe made 10-12 pizzels.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we did.