I'm a little put out this morning.
I've had to cancel my bid on the 600 acres of land in Hawaii I was hoping to buy.
We didn't win the lottery...this time!
It was a fun week envisioning all of the travel we would do, college tuitions covered, and new cars...oh boy...would I love a new car!
I also envisioned all the people we would help...secretly...you do not want anyone to know you won half of a billion dollars.
Those dreams are put on hold until the next big lottery I guess.
Then I will pull them out, dust them off, and get geeked all over again.
I have a confession to make.
I cheated last night.
It was so beautiful outside and with my husband acting in an Easter play at church, I dragged my daughter out of the hidey hole in her room to a restaurant that has outdoor tables.
A Mexican restaurant.
I had chips and salsa plus my old standard favorite...chicken chimichunga...with beans.
It did taste wonderful going down, and my daughter was lovely company.
The three tiny birds we threw chip crumbs to were entertaining, the sunset colorful, and the weather was perfect.
That being said...
I had a horrible nights sleep. My hips ached, my ankles and feet hurt, I could not get comfortable, and there were some other side affects which NO ONE wants to know.
Was it worth it? Yes and no.
The time spent with my teenage daughter...priceless.
The terrible night and health repercussions? No.
I am sure there were better choices on that menu, I chose not to look for them, charging straight into an old habit.
It has been easier to resist the foods that I know will make me feel bad.
I enjoy each day more because I feel so good, that aches and pains are almost non existent, and the fact that my day is full of energy!
I regret eating like that mostly because I was too bloated and full to eat the dessert I had made for my husband and kids.
Primal Chocolate Cheesecake!
It looked yummy and my husband said it tasted great...but man!
It is going to be a while before I can look at anything but a protein and a big plate of spinach salad.
Mmmmm...spinach salad...stomach quieting goodness...
|Primal Chocolate Cheesecake|
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp sugar or sugar substitute of your choice
- Dash of salt (if almonds and butter are unsalted)
- 8 ounces of very dark or even unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 16 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa, dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the almond meal, cocoa powder, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the cream in a double boiler.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Mix in the honey, chocolate, cocoa, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 60 minutes, with a pan of water for moisture.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
I hope you try this Primal recipe and enjoy it too.