Friday, February 3, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Tilapia with Gorgonzola and Herbs


Again yesterday in Ohio was glorious.
In the high 50's and sunny, very unusual for the Midwest this time of year...but who's complaining?
Not me...or my little dog Jack.
My husband is a wonderful boss. If I bat my eyelashes and kiss him in mushy googly-woogly ways he agrees to let me stay home from work.
I batted my lashes and puckered up yesterday morning promising to cook and bake more wonderful Primal food...and do the laundry. How could he resist? Clean underpants are hard to pass up.
My Lunch

It was a great day. I cooked, washed, and was able to fit in two walks with Jackie.
I try to keep proteins always cooked and in easy reach for my family. If not they tend to just grab something that won't sustain their energy as long as a good piece of fish or meat will.
I made turkey burgers, more crackers, some primal cookies, and primal cupcakes.
My favorite thing I made...and sneaked one of them for my lunch was bacon wrapped tilapia with Gorgonzola cheese stuffed under the bacon and some herbs. It was amazing. It was even tasty for breakfast this morning with a spinach salad.
Here is the recipe...

Bacon Wrapped Tilapia with Gorgonzola

6 Tiliapia (mine were large so I cut them down the middle)
2 pieces of nitrate free bacon for each tilapia plank
1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese (or any cheese you like)
Herbs and Spices of your choosing
Olive Oil


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse and pat dry the tilapia.
Wrap each piece in the two strips of bacon and set on a foil covered cookie tray.
Stuff pieces of the Gorgonzola under the bacon on each.
I sprayed with olive oil from my Misto to keep the herbs on.
Sprinkle generously with any spices of your liking.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes till the bacon is crisping and the fish looks finished.
Ovens vary, so keep an eye on them at the end.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is a yummy way to get more fish into your familie's diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment