Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Morning Magic Brew and A Bit Of Ohio Fall


Ok...I have to admit it...fall in Ohio is pretty this year.
It has been cooler than normal, so I have been able to wear fall clothes...IN the fall!
Usually it's freezing in the morning and then 85 degrees in the afternoon.
When I took my little dog for a walk the other day this stunning beauty was waiting for me...wow!
With the weather brisk but pleasant I have been dragging my poor little guy out for an hour to two hour walk almost everyday, he's exhausted!
After a summer of 95+ degrees most days, he hasn't been on such extended walks for a very long time.
I have noticed a huge difference on my body when walking outside versus the treadmill.
The treadmill cushions my joints from the pounding my body weight puts on them, the pavement is non forgiving on my entire body. I'm just not sure which is better for me in the long run.
I'm sure pulling my weight on my own versus the treadmill doing the pulling is burning more calories, but is it worth tearing myself apart?
Oh well...it's too pretty to forgo the walks!
The neighborhood looking fall splashed!
I thought I would share how I start my day...everyday.
Even if it is a non eating day I still have coffee. It fills me up and gives me enough energy to make it sometimes to the next day, which is great for our bodies to take a rest from constant food processing to work on healing and restoring our systems.
Mark Sisson of marksdailyapple.com has some amazing information on intermittent fasting and the good things it can do for your body and life.


I start with one tablespoon of organic free trade raw sugar (I would rather have natural organic sugar and the weird processed stuff out there) I also have one and a half tablespoons of Dutch Process High Fat Dark Coca Powder.
The cocoa has antioxidant protection, antioxidants protect the body from damage by unstable oxygen molecules called free radicals that can cause many illnesses and diseases.
It also can benefit the cardiovascular system by enhancing blood flow and thereby lower blood pressure. 
My favorite thing about it is that it is a mood enhancer...always good to start the day in a happier state of mind.
I then add in my coconut oil, almost three tablespoons.
Coconut oil has been found to help normalize blood lipids and protect against damage to the liver by alcohol and other toxins. It can play a role in preventing kidney and gall bladder diseases, and is associated with improved blood sugar and insulin control and therefore the prevention and management of diabetes.
Coconut oil has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. 
Coconut oil is thought to help strengthen mineral absorption, which is important for healthy teeth and bones, and can also help improve the condition and appearance of the scalp, hair and skin when ingested or rubbed on the skin (I use it everyday as a moisturizer. When I found out how many chemicals were in my face creams I dumped them all and started up with the coconut oil.)
The oil has also been studied as a help to Alzheimer patients. Since our brains are made of fat the thought is that the lower fat diets have starved our brains of an essential ingredient that we need.
I then add in organic heavy cream. I'm not even sure of how much, I just wing it every morning!


This yummy brew is what I dream about before I go to bed, and is one of the reasons I wake up happy in the morning.


I hope you enjoy this wonderful fall day as well.

2 comments:

  1. Now that we are getting some cool weather in South Florida I would love to try your Chocolate Brew: can you post the amount of cream? Also where do you buy the Dutch Process Dark Cocoa. I just got started on Paleo and I am encouraged by your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink out of a huge cup, and I just pour that cream in! If I had to guess I would say I put in 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup of organic heavy cream in every morning. I buy my dutch process dark coco powder from Penzeys Spices. We are lucky enough to have a store in Cincinnati, but they are also online.
    Thank you so much for reading, and I wish you the best on changing your life.
    This has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I feel wonderful and have a brighter outlook now.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete