Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich To Celebrate My New Designs

Isn't she pretty?
I have the amazing fortune to be friends with a gorgeous graphic artist named Eric Brown.
He and his brother have been friends of the family and my husband's band for years.
Eric has been kind enough in the past to design the t shirts for the band's gigs.
His brother Brian is a computer genius who has held my hand through different computer issues setting up this blog.
I can't thank them enough for all they have done for me this year...you guys are the best!
That being said I also owe them a crap load of beer now.
We loaded both designs onto CafePress (a company that helps you to design your own t shirts and gear to sell) and set up a shop.
My first goal was to order my shirts in smaller sizes and take pictures of me as I lose weight, a size at a time.
I ordered an xxl last night, which is pretty flipping great considering I was wearing a 3x when I went Primal back on December 25.

The front of the shirt I ordered has the martini on it...

The back of the shirt has the Pinup.

I also ordered my son something to take to college to sleep in.
Hopefully that will help him to make good food choices in the cafeteria...lol.


I ordered my daughter these because I know she would not be caught dead outside the house in Mom's website gear...I think they are darling!
I also ordered myself a new iphone cover...because dude...you gotta rep your brand...and my old one was falling apart!


This has been a fun process. 
I want to thank Eric and Brian again for being patient with me through this.
I want to thank my husband and kids for going Primal, even though it was not fun in the begining.
It has been the most rewarding thing I have done in many long years.
Health is more important than money, some would say, and I could not agree more!
To celebrate the release of my logos I made my family a filling and decadent breakfast sandwich that would please even the non Primal people I know.
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Breakfast Sandwich
Ingredients:


Batter:



  • 6 eggs, room temperature if possible
  • 1/2 cup of coconut flour
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 4 tablespoons of grass fed butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk or heavy cream ~ your choice
  • 1/3 cup of honey


  • Rest Of The Sandwich:

    Eggs, beaten to be cooked in the waffle iron
    Organic cheese slices
    Cooked Bacon



    Beat the eggs with a fork.
    Add in all the ingredients but the coconut flour and mix
    Add in the coconut flour, mix and let sit for a few minutes.
    The batter will be super lumpy, but if you let it sit and soak everything in and then mix again you will see it smooth right out.
    I needed to add more liquid to mine, almost 4 tablespoons more, to make it the smoothness I wanted for the waffles.
    Put batter into one of the wells of the iron and put seasoned beaten eggs into another well of the iron and watch them till they are done.
    I place the waffle on the plate, put a piece of organic cheese on, then the egg, and add two pieces of hot bacon, and one more piece of cheese.

    I then cook one more waffle and when it is done it goes on top of the pile.
    I use a large serrated knife to cut it apart, and serve piping hot.

    My family devoured their sandwiches in record time and LOVED them.
    I hope you attempt these easy and healthy breakfast sandwiches and love them too.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment